John Zink is now hiring for an Applications Engineer in Tulsa, Oklahoma, to help clients develop solutions to challenging environmental problems! As part of the Thermal Oxidizer team, the selected individual would be working closely with highly technical customers to provide custom-designed combustion solutions that allow our clients to reduce their pollutant emissions and be better stewards of our shared environment. The role requires an individual who is self-motivated, technically strong, has excellent communication skills, can develop and present value propositions, and who is able to influence key decision makers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilize personal knowledge and creativity to leverage the vast expertise across John Zink and Koch Engineered Solution’s global team to develop unique, value-added Equipment and Turnkey Solutions for our clients.
- Own the client relationship and proposal generation process from initial client contact through order acceptance.
- In collaboration with a diverse team of engineers, lead the development of the technical design and commercial proposal that communicates the value and mutual benefit of our proposed equipment and service solutions direct with end users.
- Engage with customers in person and virtually, to optimize the proposed solution, customize the equipment and services package to meet varying customer-specific needs, and establish yourself as the client’s trusted advisor in the provision of a Thermal Oxidizer System.
- Work with the equipment execution team to ensure an accurate turnover package and that the equipment is built in compliance with customer specifications and expectations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of post-academic work experience in engineering, sales, system/process design, or applications engineering or experience within an "engineered to order" manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- The ability to safely work with customers at their global manufacturing facilities
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of combustion-related applications engineering or process design
- 5+ years of Applications Engineering, technical sales, or business development experience in the Petrochemical, Refining or specialty chemical industries
- 2+ years of experience working with global customer base
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or an MBA
- Professional Engineering license (P.E.)
This role is not open to visa sponsorship.
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions, and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf