Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager in Western US, California area
KOCH Engineered Solutions (“KES”) is a global company with unique business platforms that each deliver advantaged engineered solutions across targeted industries. Current KES core technologies include mass transfer, combustion engineering & pollution control, heat transfer, membranes and filtration, actuation systems for robotics and automation, intelligent electric grid, and next generation asset integrity.
The KES Equipment Technology & Services (ET&S) group is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to join our team to promote our products and solutions for the Koch-Glitsch and Koch Heat Transfer brands. This role will primarily cover the Western US market and preferably be remote office based in California.
Customers will include accounts such as engineering companies as well as end users primarily from the refining, petrochemical, midstream, and upstream markets. Our Regional Sales Managers work closely with our customers' technical and commercial personnel to develop equipment proposals that offer a valuable solution to the customers' need. The role involves close teamwork internally with our engineering, procurement, and operations teams to ensure that the ET&S solution is on time and offers the most value to the customer. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be a self-starter with high energy, and have a contribution mindset.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in frequent customer engagements to build long term relationships with key influencers and decision makers.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer’s needs, pain points, opportunities, and priorities regarding their mass transfer, heat transfer and separation technology equipment needs.
- Collaborate with a diverse team to develop technical and commercial proposals that clearly articulate the value of the ET&S proposed solution provides
- Proactively sell the company's mass transfer, heat transfer and separation technology solutions validating our technical solution can deliver desired outcome to improve operations
- Follow up with customers on proposals sent and drive customer “buy” decisions by preparing and delivering influential presentations and messaging with key decision makers within our customer’s organization to close the deal
- Work with the execution team to ensure that the customer’s expectations are meet
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial, customer focus with creative problem-solving skills with a sense of urgency to bring value-based outcomes to customers
- Understand and apply Principle Based Management principles
The Experience You Will Bring
- Background in engineering and technical sales focused in the refining, petrochemical, midstream, and upstream industries.
- Sales or engineering experience in the oil & gas industry
- Working experience with CRM tools and use to manage the sales process
- Able to travel 50% of the time
- Located in the California (preferably Los Angeles or San Francisco areas) and/or willing to relocate.
- This role is not open to Visa Sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with mass transfer, heat transfer, or mist elimination equipment and / or operational experience within the refining, petrochemical, midstream, and upstream markets
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM tools
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf