Network Security Engineer
The Sr. Network Security Engineer will be a part of an global team that oversees operations of critical network and platform security infrastructure for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 130,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Technology Center (KTC) is being developed in India to extend Koch’s IT operations, as well as act as a hub for IT innovation. As KTC rapidly scales up its operations in India, its employees will get opportunities to carve out career paths for themselves within the organization. This role will allow for the opportunity to join on the ground floor and play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Technology Center (KTC) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues will provide significant global exposure. Additionally, Koch is committed to competitive compensation commensurate with an employee’s ability to contribute meaningful value to the organization.
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity team for a Product Based Company ,you will be joined with the brightest minds in technology, developing, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams against cyberattacks and empower them to run the Businesses. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps. The Network Security Engineer will report directly to the Cyber Security Supervisor in KTC and be responsible for the implementation of security tools and procedures in the network security environment. As network security becomes an increasingly integral part of IT functions, a qualified Network Security Engineer will be leveraged to configure and maintain systems that protect Koch Industries from cyber security threats. Strong skills in the areas of Technical Implementation in Firewalls, Proxy, Reverse Proxy, effective communication, collaboration, customer focus, economic and critical thinking, project management, leadership, and value creation are required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
• Responsible for project delivery and roadmap items of our perimeter and Process Control Network security environments which include requests. Act as an escalation POC for critical issues.
• Advanced experience of working on SIEM tools like Splunk.
• Operates, documents, and maintains security controls
• Configuration, maintenance, optimisation and monitoring of the following systems: Firewalls, Proxy servers, reverse proxy and other policy-based network security devices
• Assist other groups with Internet and Intranet related security activities and project Delivery and Implementations
• Deploying and understanding of the cloud infrastructure including AWS, Alkira.
The Experience You Will Bring
• 3+ years of experience in Application Security or Security Engineering.
• Experience with content delivery networks such as Akamai, Cloudflare and CloudFront.
• Experience with revision control such as Git
• Proficient networking foundation and knowledge on network ecosystem, routers, routing protocols, DDI, firewalls, switches. Familiarity with cloud (AWS, Azure) and hybrid networking technologies.
• Familiar with functionality of the Internet, including technologies and fundamental protocols such as DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, certificate, etc.
• Solid technical understanding of DMZs, security policies, secure application traffic flows, WAF, DDoS protection, SSL offloading, caching & compression, content switching, TCP multiplexing and telemetry.
• Have experience with an assortment of common applications and protocols, such as Apache, MySQL, NFS, Squid, Redis, FTP, SSH, DNS, HTTP/S, SMTP, etc.
• Working knowledge of threats and controls, PCAP/Wireshark file analysis, and capture and trace attacks in network traffic.
• Hands-on experience crafting and maintaining the leading-edge distributed denial of service solutions for large scale networks, public cloud environments, networking, and security controls
• Familiar with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, CWE, and related countermeasures
• Solid hands-on technical background particularly in managing highly sophisticated, multi-platform web applications.
• Have demonstrated the ability to learn new technologies that may or may not be related to what you already know.
What Will Put You Ahead
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology OR equivalent work experience (8+ years in an IT role fulfilling a technical capacity)
• 7+ years of experience in either support of complex enterprise networks, or management of network security devices like firewalls, proxies, reverse proxies and IPS devices
• Knowledge on the Palo Alto NGFW’s, ZScaler – ZIA, ZPA, ZBA FortiGate firewalls and Cloudflare.
• Knowledge and work experience on any of the cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP and Alkira.
• Experience in network automation, design, and usage of scripting technologies Ansible tower, Ansible core, Python, YAML, CloudFormation/Terraform is a plus.
• Prior understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf