Production Supervisor- Emporia VA
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Shift Supervisors in our plywood mill in Emporia, VA. Each Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with management philosophy and framework.
As a Shift Supervisor, you must be open and flexible to work any shift. You will lead a team of 20 to 30 members.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supervise/coordinate production efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affected EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency
- Assist with troubleshooting and solving production issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment,OR three (3) or more years of Plywood or Lumber manufacturing experience
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy areas without climate control
- Willing and able to work any assigned shift schedule, which may include day, night, weekend and holiday work hours
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and PC-based production reporting systems applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher with a preference in a technical or business discipline.
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial manufacturing or military environment.
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in the wood products industry.
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf