This job posting is no longer active.
We are seeking a Buyer for our Cellulose and Containerboard Operations to work under the general guidance of SS&P Sourcing Execution Leaders in ATL and daily general supervision of the Group Manager of Purchasing & Stores. The Buyer manages purchasing activities in a high volume, time-critical environment primarily buying chemicals from external suppliers. The individual must be self-directed, work with a high sense of urgency and possess the ability to solve problems and collaborate with other disciplines to meet the needs of the Operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilizes CNC purchasing system to process purchase orders that are generated through a stores replenishment system (Infor M3).
- Ensures the contractual document accurately reflects the terms and conditions of purchase, including payment terms, freight terms, incoterms, and other key commercial terms.
- Issues requests for quotations, analyzes and evaluates quotes, negotiates price and terms, and exercises independent judgment to select suppliers based on lowest total cost of ownership.
- Knowledgeable of Company’s strategic supply agreements and utilizes these to maximize value.
- Collaborates with internal requestors to understand requirements (e.g., specifications, scopes of work, performance and timing requirements.)
- Demonstrates high level customer focus and sense of urgency.
- Uses strong verbal and written communication skills to solve problems and provide status updates to customers and suppliers (e.g., commitment dates).
- Analyzes root causes of accounts payable exceptions and takes steps to resolve and prevent.
- Initiates changes to improve the effectiveness of the purchasing process.
- Ensures adherence to all safety, environmental and procurement policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Manages an automated expediting system for stores purchase orders and annual outage orders.
- Manages own time to accomplish goals and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Work with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value
- Ensure that your sites are receiving the appropriate level of support from Corporate capabilities
- Identify opportunities to transform procurement job functions through utilization of tools and technologies to become best in class (support similar efforts in the storeroom)
- Implement processes to improve purchasing efficiencies and automation
- Optimize working capital and on-hand inventory levels
- Manage appropriate use of national, regional, and local contract agreements
- Identify and analyze opportunities to competitively bid non-strategic spend to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership
- Ensure compliance with all safety, purchasing, fiduciary, stores and environmental policies and procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or high school diploma and 5+ years’ experience in procurement, purchasing or manufacturing operations
- At least 2 years’ experience in procurement, purchasing or manufacturing operations
- Microsoft Excel skills to include pivot tables and data visualization tools
- Experience working with suppliers
What Will Put You Ahead
Working knowledge of MRP computer programs or similar systems
Experience working in a manufacturing, engineering or maintenance environment
Experience working with Purchasing/Inventory Management Software, including SAP
- Experience in analyzing processes and developing and implementing solutions
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $ 60,000 - $85,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.