Electrical Reliability Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- Great Compensation Package!
- Supportive Work Environment!
- Greater Opportunities for Growth!
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is seeking an Electrical Reliability Specialist to join the Electrical Technical Team in Brandon, MB. The successful candidate will have an incredible opportunity to create value and flourish in a community of entrepreneurial-minded individuals to make an immediate and significant impact. The position will work closely with the Operations, Maintenance and Project organizations and will be a leader in asset life cycle strategy for electrical equipment.
The candidate must demonstrate excellent critical and economic thinking, and communication skills with a focus on customer service. The successful candidate will be able to prioritize multiple business requests and have a proven capability to grow, learn and apply new knowledge.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be a contribution motivated employee. Be able to assess priorities and value creation of opportunities to deliver the highest value to Brandon.
- Provide technical support in project development, QA/QC, installation, commissioning, start-up and work activities on all electrical equipment upgrades, repairs, and new installations
- Lead small project design for small industrial electrical installations. Including but not limited to feeder design, motor starter design, relay programming, VFD programming, etc.
- Review and aid in the high-level planning for plant outages and Turnarounds. Develop strategies for success while achieving outage timelines.
- Champion opportunities to transition from time-based maintenance activities to condition-based maintenance; define and identify solutions to obtain data that can provide actionable insights; recommend benchmarks and targets, and methods for data profiling
- Build and foster capability growth for predictive and condition-based health monitoring for electrical equipment within the maintenance and operations team
- Be a coach and be able to affectively communicate to a tailored audience to achieve the maximum value from condition based and predictive technologies.
- Lead and promote Root Cause Failure Analysis and utilizing findings to advance strategies around electrical reliability
- Tailor Asset Strategies and MI Program requirements to be specific to Brandon. Eliminate low value work based on field experience and technical knowledge.
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field data to develop and adjust reliability programs to obtain lowest life cycle cost of equipment
- Identify, recommend, and champion solutions that reduce risk to employees, maximize system availability, and achieve lowest cost of operation
- Conduct periodic assessments of the health and integrity of the electrical equipment at the production facilities to maximize asset reliability and production availability
- Develop internal and external resources and capabilities, and arrange for specialized contractors and consultants to assist with improving the reliability of electrical equipment
- Apply Company’s engineering practices; ensure the practices are used, remain relevant, and keep the business competitive
- Lead by example by showing Principled Based Management (PBM) in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles and PBM Framework
- Collaborate with peers across KAES and KII to instill best practices, share and institutionalize knowledge and provide technical insight into cross-site initiatives
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
- Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
- Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Unassisted physical mobility in/around plant and equipment
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Available for shift work and emergency call outs
- Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
- 5% travel, including air
The Experience You Will Bring
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Electrician
- At least three (3) years of related industrial experience
- Experience with AC and DC motors and generators, transformers, rectifiers, electronic controls and regulators, control systems and circuits, control panels, electronic gauges and detectors, circuit breakers, transistors, production equipment, conduit and fittings, wire and cable, among other equipment and materials
- Experience with high and medium voltage installations and procedures
- Experience with Maximo or other computerized maintenance program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Electrician HI certification/license
- Coaching and/or Leadership experience
- Experience in application engineering of electrical assets (i.e. switchgear, motors, drives, etc.)
- 2+ years of Large (>$1MM) Capital Project Management experience
- Experience with automation and control systems
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC Offers a full extended benefits package including health and dental coverage, pension and subsidized investment options, as well as nationally-competitive wages and performance-based bonuses in an environment that is committed to success!
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQ section at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.
This job posting is no longer active.