SENIOR APPLICATION ENGINEER
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visitwww.gp.com.
To learn more about our culture, Principle-Based Management (PBM®), click here:
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
We are seeking a highly motivated, forward thinking full stack professional to support the enterprise GP Enterprise Analytics Group and develop custom GP advanced analytic solutions used across 50+ facilities within multiple divisions. This group creates sustainable value and competitive advantage by leveraging analytics, information, technology, and actionable insights across the enterprise while focusing on futuristic possibilities of analytics. This role will have the opportunity to leverage the latest BI and Analytics technologies and C3.AI platform working closely with our data scientists and manufacturing capabilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own the front-end development for AI applications using the C3.ai platform.
- Collaborate with visual/interaction designers, other engineers, and product managers to launch new GP AI products, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience.
- Implement cutting-edge technologies and will be writing state-of-the-art code to ensure deliveries of highly performant and elegant applications.
- Foster growth and a collaborative mindset for all members of your team.
- Proactively identify technical debt and implement solutions to improve product iteration speed.
- Lead by example and foster a culture of excellence, high execution velocity, and intellectual humility.
- Establish best practices for high-quality technical design and engineering.
- Manage own learning and contribute to technical skill building of the team.
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical ability, judgment, and problem-solving techniques.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Front-end development experience.
- React development experience.
- Familiarity with version control/SCM is a must (experience with git is a plus)
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, security, and usability.
- Hands-on experience with data integration/EAI technologies (File, API, Queues, Streams), ETL Tools and building custom data pipelines
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (any vendor)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Angular and React.
- Experience with Redux.
- Experience with React testing frameworks.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A VIDEO TO LEARN MORE ABOUT IT AT GP:
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf