Site Construction Manager
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) specializes in providing innovative technical and service solutions that can be applied in industrial value chains. The KES Equipment businesses provide uniquely engineered solutions in mass and heat transfer, combustion and emission controls, filtration, separation, materials application, automation, and actuation.
Our One-Source Solution (OSS) approach to “design/fabricate/install” projects offers multiple benefits – from optimized equipment design through final professional installation. KES creates unique value in the installation of equipment from John Zink Hamworthy, Koch-Glitsch, and Koch Heat Transfer with our specialized expertise with their products and our One-Team approach with the OEM project teams.
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is looking for a Site Construction Manager for the Koch Glitsch business line, global leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art mass transfer and mist elimination products for the chemical, petrochemical, refining, gas processing, pharmaceutical, and specialty industries.
The candidate could be located at Koch-Glitsch in Aprilia (LT, Italy) office or Vimercate (MB, Italy) office.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Oversees construction sites, general contractors, and workers to ensure a high level of quality and safety.
- Creates and reviews Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures.
- Ensures that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to Project Managers.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Assists in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors’ construction schedules.
- Reviews weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes.
- Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
- Attend client program meetings as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Engineering degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineer
- Experience as Site Engineer in the construction industry
- Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites is preferred
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Excellent communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, preferably MS Project
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are welcome
- Availability to travel: up to 75%
What Will Put You Ahead
- EPC industry experience
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- Conceptual planning ability