Production Associate - $18+
Are you motivated, safety-oriented and looking for a change? Then, look no further, Georgia-Pacific is looking for someone like you!
Join our team at our Madison location, as a Production Associate and have the opportunity to operate various types of equipment to help meet production goals while working in a safe environment. This is an entry-level hourly position with opportunity for advancement.
Starting wage is $18.00 per hour.
Paid vacation days starting day one! Pay Differential for Night Shifts!
Georgia-Pacific in Madison, GA manufactures pine plywood panels and siding that are ideal for residential and light commercial construction. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learn to operate various machines throughout the mill
- Adjust to changing work schedules to meet business demands
- Remove sawdust and other debris from production equipment
- Assist team members throughout the mill as needed
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high-volume environment
- Pull and lift plywood, panels, or scraps that could be up to 25 lbs
- Work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Work 8-12 hour rotating schedule that includes weekends and holidays
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, or industrial environment
- Experience using a computer
- Flexibility to work any shift, variable start times, overtime, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience operating machines
- Experience working in the wood products industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com