Georgia-Pacific is seeking Skills Developers to support our Power House, Product Unit, Woodyard and Maintenance/EI teams in Perdue Hill, AL. These positions will design, develop, and implement training for various mill departments and areas as well as perform analyses to support a systematic approach to the training process. The positions will work closely with the areas to develop and maintain a task list and partner with the various departments to ensure that training is utilized to help the mill achieve its vision. Our culture is defined by the Principle Based Management™ philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain training materials used for mill training programs
- Facilitate training in various environments to ensure mill staff is trained and qualified as required
- Assist in developing and maintaining an effective training program that supports the vision of the mill
- Maintain mill training documentation and qualification guides for mill employees and various departments
- Conduct training needs, job, and task analyses as well as performance analyses when required
- Conduct training program reviews, research, and assessment as requested by supervision
- Partner with support functions (Safety, HR, Environmental) seeking training integration opportunities
- Prioritize work and support others to ensure deadlines and predetermined schedules are met
- Utilize vendors, contractors, and other employees to make decisions and when necessary, take on lead roles to ensure in accordance with MBM® framework and CSO vision
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervision
- Be a self-starter and hold self-accountable for commitments and results
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in building learning materials to support knowledge transfer and/or performance
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in implementing a task-based training program
- Experience with writing and executing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Experience in implementing ADDIE and (SAT) systematic approach to training
- Experience in reading technical drawings/schematics
- Experience in training program documentation and records management
- Operations or Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf