$15,000 Sign-On Bonus
Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Tugboat Mate at our Wauna, OR facility. Tugboat mates create value by safely working on and around tugboats on the Columbia River. In this role you will work as a mate and a captain depending on schedule. This will help to advance your career and compensation possibilities.
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products facility in Wauna, OR produces a variety of tissue, towel, and napkin products. Some of the recognized brands include Brawny, Angel Soft, Vanity Fair and Sparkle. Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of tissue, including bath tissue, paper towels, facial tissue, and napkins. To learn more about our variety of products visit, http://www.gp.com/.
Shift is Monday through Friday 6:00 am to 2:00 pm with mandatory on-call responsibilities.
Earn an average of $45 - $55/hour inclusive of overtime and eligibility for quarterly bonuses.
Upon successful completion of your 60-working day probation, you will receive one week of vacation to use during the current June 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023 calendar year.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform relief Captain duties as required. Perform Deck Hand functions to move barges, set and repair lines as needed.
- Stage Rail Cars as needed with Track Master
- Learning multiple operator functions to operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting machinery and equipment
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals
- Performing mechanical tasks and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning your work area throughout your shift to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Internalizing and practicing the MBM® guiding principles to create continuous transformation and positive growth
- Willingness to work 12-hour shifts (nights, weekends & overtime)
- Willingness to work as part of a team
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma/GED
- Current USCG Tugboat License with proper tonnage and towing endorsements to operate a 177-ton tugboat on the Columbia River. Candidate must submit proof of current USCG license to be considered for the position
- Prior experience with mechanical principals
- Prior experience with computers and utilization of math skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repetitively and lift, throw and tie barge lines
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced degree/certification in engineering, electrical/mechanical systems, paper manufacturing, or reliability
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the pulp and paper industry
- One (1) or more years of experience in maintenance or reliability
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.
Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com