Field Reliability Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia Pacific's Wood and Fiber Supply (WFS) organization is seeking a Reliability Technician to support transformation & automation technology being driven by the WFS Operations team. This is a field-based position that will support systems at Georgia Pacific’s pulps mills in the SE United States. It is a unique opportunity to employ mechanical & technical experience by collaborating with multidisciplinary colleagues and vendors, to ultimately ensure the success & reliability of our automated systems. The Field Service & Reliability Technician will be responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, testing, and commissioning complex automation systems, as well as operating all necessary types of software.
We are willing to consider this role being remote for the right candidate. Travel is required to mills in the Mississippi and Alabama area.
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Participate and support in all areas to achieve Environmental, Health, & Safety excellence
· Travel to pulp mill sites to work with operations leaders, engineers, and vendors on deploying automation technology & equipment for transformation projects
· Travel to pulp mill sites to perform & lead inspections, calibrations, and preventive or corrective maintenance on automation systems & components
· Develop, implement, and support preventative and predictive maintenance strategies for new & existing equipment
· Identify & understand electro-mechanical issues, with the ability to troubleshoot using root cause analysis and to support executable corrective actions
· Collaborate with internal & OEM IT teams to manage network & programming capabilities and to resolve software, programming, and/or networking issues
· Support & perform various Chip Quality operations & activities that ultimately ensure the success of Wood & Fiber strategic sourcing initiatives
· Apply performance data & analytics of automation systems to identify gaps and improve processes
The Experience You Will Bring
· Degree in Engineering discipline and/or 5 years of industrial experience
· Solid business sense balanced with technical aptitude
· Must be proficient with basic software applications and Microsoft operating system (Excel, Outlook, Teams, Word)
· Must be willing & capable of traveling 50% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
· Experience in Pulp & Paper Industry
· Experience in electro-mechanical field
· Experience with field service or technical support: machine testing, validation, installation, preventative maintenance, and repair
· Operational and functional understanding of industrial automation systems and PLC’s (Understanding of PLC’s and ladder logic)
· Experience working with planning and scheduling maintenance activities
· Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or similar analytical & reporting tools
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.