Georgia-Pacific is seeking experienced manufacturing employee for our Forklift Operator –role in our Dudley, NC Lumber facility.
This position offers opportunities to advance as new skills are acquired and openings occur. If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
Starting hourly pay would be $18.50/hour. We offer full medical and dental benefits, life insurance, a 401K matching program, paid holidays, paid vacation days and paid floating holidays each year.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to company safety policies
- Safely operate a forklift to load lumber on trucks and rail cars to avoid customer delays
- Transport, set up, and store lumber packs in the lumber shed in a safe and timely manner to avoid downtime
- Properly transport and stack packs to avoid quality defects and product downgrades
- Properly re-stack and band lumber for either shipment or storage.
- Keep lift paths, staging areas, and storage areas clean and orderly
- Keep reliable and accurate records i.e. lift inspections and operation/safety observations
- Clean around machinery, clean equipment and tools
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Will work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to change shifts when given short notice (e.g. one day's notice).
- Perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time (i.e lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders/stairs)
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of Dudley’s Safety Vision
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 1 year of experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a team environment with minimum supervisory guidance
- Experience demonstrating effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting quality issues
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com