Precision Analyzer Technician
Join INVISTA as Analyzer Technician at our Orange, TX plant, where we'll lean on you to execute comprehensive analyzer preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. This role will also review the weekly work schedule and coordinate with the operating shift team, align on priorities and successfully execute critical work to optimize analyzer reliability and availability.
In this role, you will work a (4) 10 hour shift schedule Monday through Thursday. Schedule is subject to change with notification, depending upon business needs. Additionally, must be available to work scheduled (Planned) or unscheduled (unplanned/short-notice hours on nights and/or weekends, holidays as needed), to meet business needs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provides technical expertise and comprehensive support for site process analyzers
- Perform preventative/corrective maintenance on various analyzers and sample conditioning systems which include the following but not limited to GC’s, IR, O2, pH,
- Efficiently perform troubleshooting and repair of process analyzer to minimize downtime.
- Assist in the installation and documentation of new analyzer system startups
- Perform Calibration Gas Audits on CEMS/Regulatory analyzers.
- Compare analysis of field vs. lab analyzers to identify discrepancies
- Implement work processes and monitoring tools that allow the analyzer team along with the operations shift teams to be able to evaluate analyzer performance
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to read and understand analyzer data packages, schematic drawings, and P&ID's
- 2+ years of manufacturing or industrial experience inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and maintaining analyzer equipment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (I,e, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements through a Physical Abilities Test (i.e. lifting up to 50 lbs, able to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolds, wear all PPE, and work in different climates and conditions)
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate Degree in Instrumentation - Electronics or completion of a 4- or 5-year Apprenticeship program
- 5+ years’ of relevant experience in Instrumentation/Analyzer work in a chemical plant or refinery setting
- SAP experience
- Proficient understanding and experience with the follow analyzer systems:
- Siemens Maxum II
- ABB PGC GC’s
- Servomex O2’s
- Rosemount MLT
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf