Manufacturing Engineer/Optimizer-Power & Recovery
Georgia-Pacific’s Containerboard mill in Brewton, AL is seeking qualified individuals to consider for a Manufacturing Engineer/Optimizer – Power and Recovery opportunity. The Manufacturing Engineer will provide the necessary technical support to optimize the operation by working with operators, department management, peers in other departments and the leadership team to improve efficiency and lower operating cost. This position reports to the Utilities Production Area Leader. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Principle Based Management .
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Facilitating a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Developing sustainable processes working with the unit coaches/supervisors to mentor and develop employees
- Providing operational/business leadership and technical support (e.g. mass, heat, and energy balances) for the manufacturing process of the area and facilitating troubleshooting and problem solving to achieve goals
- Leading teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety, quality and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation to drive continuous improvement
- Developing and supporting the effective use of automation and procedures in order to promote a safe and reliable operation
- Optimizing and coordinating planning for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, and maintenance or capital projects
- Supporting a robust 5-year planning process to make step change improvements in the Operator Basic Care (OBC) and strategic capital projects to make step change improvements in the eight elements of Operations Excellence (OPEX)
- Developing skills and knowledge to cover for Area Leader in their absence
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- One (1) or more years of experience working with boilers
- One (1) or more years of experience working in kraft recovery processes
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Computer experience including Excel, Word, functional databases and data analysis
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science
- Five (5) years or more experience with recovery and power processes
- Experience working in an integrated Utility Department (i.e. water treatment thru boiler operations, liquor management cycle and evaporation, recovery process, and electrical generation)
- Experience working in a Chemical Process Safety Management (CPS) covered processes
- Process control experience and implementation of automated controls
The Brewton facility is an integrated pulp/paper mill that produces products for two different business segments. It is in south central Alabama about an hour from Mobile, AL, Pensacola, FL, and the beautiful beaches of the Gulf Coast. Brewton residents enjoy the outdoors either on the beaches of Florida or by fishing on 1,600 miles of river in Alabama. The hunting trails and bass fishing regularly attract visitors. Alabama is home to many minor league baseball teams and two NCAA Division-I powerhouses. Nearby attractions include the Montgomery Zoo, the Gulf of Mexico and the Blue Angels.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf