Our Georgia-Pacific facility in Blue Rapids, KS is looking for safety-orientated individuals to join our team as Production Associates (Department Utility). Production Associates create value by working as a team to manufacture high quality, commercial grade flooring underlayment. This is an entry-level position with opportunities for growth. Our schedule will include weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed. Work is performed in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy, non-climate controlled, high volume industrial environment.
This role offers:
- $500 Sign-on bonus
- Quarterly bonus payout
- Competitive benefits package to include 401k
- Starting wages of $20.61 per hour
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Stacking product and pouring materials into mixer
- Operating hoists to move metal baskets of rock to conveyors
- Operating mobile equipment, machine controls, touchscreens, and switches
- Performing quality checks
- Keeping work area clean before, after and throughout shift
- Supporting our safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), i.e.: bump hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, hearing protection, steel-toe boots and other PPE required by specific jobs
- Performing assigned tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to (8) eight hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to lift, walk, climb, stoop, stand, push and/or pull for up to (8) eight hours a day
- Work in a non-climate-controlled environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating a motorized forklift, clamp truck or industrial equipment
- Experience working with automated or robotic equipment and machinery
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience working with construction materials i.e.: lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in a production, industrial, farming, construction, manufacturing, or military environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf