Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented and efficient General Labourer team members at our Englehart, Ontario facility. This is an entry-level position that leads to an amazing career as a member of a close-knit team dedicated to safely supporting machine operators for our many valued customers.
“To do meaningful work is to contribute – to create value in society” --Charles Koch
In a career at Georgia-Pacific (GP) you’ll do just that. Established in our principled management philosophy (MBM®), our approach to Environmental, Social and Corporate governance sets us apart. We believe in people.
Applying to a role at GP is choosing a Career of Growth and Opportunity. At all levels, you’re part of the solution as you drive toward transformation with the tools and tech in today’s new manufacturing: robotics, nanotechnology, AI, digital optimization, etc.
Realize your potential with Georgia-Pacific now. Our competitive compensation package includes a starting wage of $27.29/hour, shift differentials, a quarterly bonus plan, medical/dental/vision, pension, overtime opportunity and paid time off.
The Production Labourer is an entry-level position with the expectation and opportunity for career growth. You will start on a Monday to Friday eight (8) hour shift schedule but will transition to a rotating twelve (12) hour shift schedule including weekends and holidays as you grow into further operations roles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain high standards for housekeeping with a strong regard for personal safety and the safety of others
- Operate mobile equipment
- Make sure machines are set up properly, performing optimally, and troubleshooting and making adjustments as needs
- Cross train in various operations roles
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations to include wearing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Perform tasks such as lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing/pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year or more of experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience operating a forklift