Rotating Equipment Engineer
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC and its affiliates are a global provider of value-added solutions for the agriculture, turf and ornamental, energy and chemical markets. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. We make things grow better with plant nutrient and biological technologies. See the latest ways we’re creating value for our customers and doing more with less at kochagenergy.com.
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC is seeking a Rotating Equipment Engineer to join the Equipment Capabilities team in Wichita, KS. This role is part of the Operations Services group and will identify and implement projects to reduce unplanned events and improve rotating equipment reliability.
Travel is 25% with up to 50% travel during critical events.
Regular schedule will be a flexible 8-hour day, Monday through Friday, with a blended office/remote working model. This role is eligible for relocation and sign on incentives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and implement failure mode based reliability strategies for critical rotating equipment using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) philosophy; standards for predictive/preventative maintenance; and sound, long-term life cycle economics
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field data to develop and adjust reliability programs to create the greatest long-term value
- Recommend and champion solutions as appropriate to improve energy efficiency, system availability, and cost of operation
- Conduct periodic assessments of the health and integrity of the rotating equipment at the production facilities to maximize asset reliability and production availability
- Apply engineering theory, practices, and principles to determine root cause failure analysis (RCFA) of equipment failures and performance evaluations of rotating equipment and supporting systems
- Work closely with production, maintenance and service teams to understand failure modes and effects and develop mitigation plans; prioritize and develop action plans
- Ensure that systems and resources are in place for the inspection, restoration, quality assurance and testing of systems in accordance with regulations and best practices
- Provide technical support in project development, turnaround scope identification, QA/QC, installation, commissioning, start-up and work activities on all rotating equipment upgrades, repairs, and new installations
- Develop internal and external resources and capabilities, and arrange for specialized contractors and consultants to assist with improving the reliability of rotating equipment
- Develop, mentor, and provide direction to team members in reliability tools and rotating equipment best practices to improve skills for troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment and machinery failures
- Lead and mentor employees in applying Principle Based Management (PBM) to create business results
- Apply Company’s engineering practices; ensure the practices are used, remain relevant, and keep the business competitive
- Occasionally climb ladders, lift 35 lbs, or work nights or weekends
The Experience You Will Bring
- 7 years or more of rotating equipment experience in an industrial setting
- Working knowledge of API and other applicable industry standards
- Understanding of engineering documents associated with rotating equipment (P&IDs, schematics, pumps and compressor curves, etc.)
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or technically similar
- 10 years or more of experience in Rotating Equipment Maintenance
- Experience in application of Reliability and Maintenance Best Practices
- Experience with MAXIMO or other computer maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Basic financial analysis skills for opportunity evaluation and marginal analysis
- Project management, project engineering, or project support experience
- Experience working in or supporting an OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) regulated facility
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf