Georgia-Pacific is currently looking for a talented individual to join our team as a Woodyard Technician in New Augusta, MS. The Woodyard Technician is responsible for safely operating and performing preventative maintenance on the equipment which allows for smooth and successful operations in the woodyard.
For nearly 30 years, the Leaf River team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Our products include chemical cellulose, custom fibers, and nonwoven materials that are used in products such as diapers, baby wipes and coffee filters. As one of six mills in the GP Cellulose business, Leaf River is a showcase of safety, operational and environmental excellence. To learn more about our Cellulose division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
This position will typically work a 12-hour rotating shift and the starting pay is $19.12 per hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating different types of equipment: Wagner, Heede crane, stacker and reclaimers
- Monitoring chip quality and flow patterns while operating control room
- Responsible for verifying that data is correctly inputted
- Adhering to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Responsible for regularly and effectively communicating with different departments
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience working with computers
What Will Put You Ahead
- Industrial lift truck experience/certification
- 18 ton or higher crane operation experience/certification
- Experience handling bulk materials in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience with a Wagner, Heede crane, stacker, or reclaimer
- Experience working with industrial conveyor system
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf