Koch Methanol is seeking a Market Analyst to support Asian and global methanol business strategy and tactics development by forming consolidated POVs on China/Asia methanol market supply & demand, trends and implications, production and consumption economics, dynamics and direction, for near, medium and long term. The role will be involved in real time tracking of market intelligence on industry development status (market size, major players, customers, suppliers, imports & exports, inventories, new investments, evolving regulation trends, and up and down stream derivatives changes, etc.). Provide insight to the commercial team to help transfer knowledge into financial opportunities.
The position will be based in Houston, TX with up to 30% travel, including international travel. To best support the business, the primary hours for the role will be 12:00pm - 9:00pm Central Time
Our Benefits Package includes:
- Flexible work schedule
- 401K automatic contribution along with competitive match
- Medical, Dental and Vision health plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks’ vacation, plus holidays and sick time
- Career growth opportunities across Koch Companies!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build up solid China and Asia Methanol (including up and down stream Derivatives) data and insightful analysis, such as value chain, supply and Demand, cost curve, etc.
- Development of methanol production and consumption economic analysis.
- Provide Insightful analysis for Methanol price relationships such as CFR price, ex-tank prices, inland prices, Future price, and physical forward price etc.
- Monitoring and updating market dynamics to the team and providing insightful POVs to help build commercial tactics and actions.
- Tracking and updating China macro-economy and industry policy such as electricity consumption, FDI, cement consumption, GDP, PPI & CPI, Auto consumption and import and export changes, real estate price/investment change, purchasing managers index.
- Qualitative and quantitative market analysis to support specific business case development and evaluation.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into simple visuals, written text, and verbal communications, and present results/analyses that meet group reporting standards.
- Develop and maintain good and solid connections with key market partner/consultant companies to stay close to the market and be able to find business opportunities and unique market intelligence.
- Commitment to all company Compliance Requirements and work with high integrity.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in commodity market research and analysis.
- Experience with analytics and data visualization to articulate the implication to business strategies.
- Demonstrated success partnering with external and internal parties effectively to collect information and exchange market perspective.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Speak, read, and write Chinese.
- Speak, read, and write English.
- Bachelors degree or above in Chemical engineering, statistics, finance, marketing, economics or business related field.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Data analysis and modeling experience (e.g., regression analysis, linear programming).
- Experience in the petro-chemical commodity industry and familiarity with the energy industry.
- Experience or knowledge in China Futures markets.
- Experience with advanced business analysis tools including Alteryx and Tableau.
Position is not eligible for sponsorship
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf