Electrical/Mechanical Field Service Technician
Start your career as an Electrical/Mechanical Field Service Technician at our Florida facility - supporting South Florida. At Georgia-Pacific Corrugated Electrical/Mechanical Field Service Technician, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate location for this position will be within a reasonable proximity to the Apollo Beach, FL or Florida City, FL area.
This position starts with a competitive hourly rate, is eligible for overtime and double time on holidays, and salaried benefits with opportunities to progress based on your contributions. This position also comes with a nice company truck, cell phone, and credit card for expenses. Georgia-Pacific Corrugated will provide extensive training for this position. The employee is occasionally exposed to, the risk of electrical shock, noise, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Find solutions to issues that may arise whether machine or quality related
- Provide support to our customers, MPG TEAM, and other GP locations as needed
- Service customer-owned, and GP equipment as needed
- Train customer EE’s on the safe operation of machines used to setup boxes
- Travel when needed to customer locations to provide support
- Oversee and take care of electrical issues
- Build, Rebuild and troubleshoot electrical controls
- Manage truck inventory in MP2
- ARI mileage reporting
- TEA reporting
- Electrical safety and Regular Work orders
- Process safety work orders
- Inspect and certify through work orders that electrical tools are in good condition
- Inspect safety equipment passing through the shop
The Experience You Will Bring
- Hands-on electrical experience and/or electrical trade school/educational knowledge
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as our customers have 24/7 operations
- Valid US Driver’s License with a good DMV record
- Able and willing to travel by air if needed, and able to have or obtain a US passport
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to troubleshoot to find solutions to problems
- Understands PLC's, air compressors and pneumatics
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf