The Green Bay Broadway Mill is searching for an Automation Engineer to support the Shipping and Material Handling areas of the facility. This Automation Engineer will have responsibility for the laser guided vehicles (LGV’s) currently operating in the shipping operations as well as lead the upcoming project to implement automation for the movement of all raw materials. In addition, they will work closely with the Manufacturing Engineer to support the robotic palletizing equipment. This role includes working with equipment manufacturers, developing and executing asset strategies for the laser guided vehicles and optimizing the system to improve uptime and efficiency.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Creating an environment where the team identifies and mitigates safety risks
- Developing and executing reliability and asset strategies including time based, condition based, operating envelope, and spare parts for responsible equipment
- Working with OEM and operations to optimize the system
- Providing technical expertise and transferring knowledge to Technicians, Team Coaches, Reliability Coaches, and others
- Facilitating ownership-based work system strategies by building capability of technicians to operate and maintain automation equipment
- Leading the effort to understanding equipment and process losses to improve productivity and quality
- Providing strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of EHS, compliance, asset reliability, cost optimization, quality, productivity, waste, and strategic capital planning and execution
- Collaborating with other Automation and Subject Matter Experts within and outside the Green Bay Broadway mill to optimize the process relative to throughput, quality and cost that provides the greatest value
- Working with support personnel to resolve short term reliability issues while developing long-term reliability strategies
- Integrating and optimizing data/control systems between multiple automation platforms, such as SAP, E80, Rockwell Automation, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associates Degree or higher in an electrical, automation or engineering field with 2+ years of manufacturing experience OR in lieu of a degree, 4+ years of electrical or automation experience in manufacturing
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in programming, optimizing, and maintaining LGV’s or other robotic platforms
- Equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf