Reliability Technician/Rotating Equipment
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our INVISTA Victoria, TX Rotating Equipment Reliability Team is seeking an innovative and skilled candidate with strong capabilities in rotating equipment reliability and mechanical aptitude to join our team as a Machinery Asset Coordinator. We look for team members to help us transform the use of reliability and precision capabilities to create superior value and strengthen our competitive advantage in the growing nylon intermediates market. Employees will help us achieve our Operations Vision by performing with a Business Owner mentality by implementing rotating equipment reliability strategies to improve run time, optimize plant operation cost spare repair quality, grow our precision capabilities, and transform our time-based strategies into condition-based strategies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own a population of rotating assets (pumps, gearboxes, fans, compressors, etc.) at the site and increase the reliability by applying precision and reliability strategies.
- Prevent premature failures by providing quality control to the repair process.
- Optimize our mechanical integrity strategies by implementing condition-based strategies using SAP, wireless sensors, and Pi Dashboards to increase transparency of asset condition and repair work orders to the shift and the reliability team.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis to identify causes of failures and effective solutions that will prevent/minimize failures.
- Lead initiatives to build reliability capabilities across the shift and maintenance organization.
- Partner with resources to improve efficiency and eliminate waste from our systems. Manage toolbox procedures, develop electronic inspection forms, and build data for equipment history / learnings.
- Support the Precision Shop value creation initiatives by supporting the D&I, component repair and assembly process.
The Experience You Will Bring
5+ years experience in maintenance and reliability in a petrochemical or related field
- Strong experience developing scopes of repair and/or coordination/execution support for overhauls, disassembly, testing, parts inspection, parts repair, and assembly of rotating equipment/components.
- Adhering to applicable inspection or regulatory codes for preventive maintenance and/or quality requirements for machinery
- Developing or using mechanical drawings or using original equipment manufacturer drawings to establish equipment repair specifications and assembly requirements.
- Work schedule is subject to change with notification, depending upon business needs. Additionally, must be available to work scheduled (Planned) or unscheduled (unplanned/short-notice hours on nights and/or weekends, holidays as needed), to meet business needs.
- Required to wear any or all of the following PPE: safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC, gloves, safety boots, respirators. PPE use is in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for a given task.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and inclement climate conditions.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, ladders on vessels and columns, ladders associated with scaffolds
What Will Put You Ahead
Experience with complex shaft alignment practices and technologies.
- Understanding and application of rotating equipment inspection technologies to determine failure modes.
- Experience with inspection or reverse engineering of machinery components, including involvement in as-found inspection, CAD drawings, manufacturing, or final inspection.
- Vibration data collection and analysis.
- Initiating and leading Management of Change on process rotating equipment.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf