Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a Shipping Manager at our Fletcher, OK gypsum site. The Shipping Manager is responsible for safe and efficient operations, ensuring our product is up to the highest possible consumer standards, and development of team members through the application of our business philosophy of Principle Based Management. If this sounds exciting, this could be the job for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Drive a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation and ensure compliance standards are met
- Lead, develop, and mentor team members with behaviors and actions that advance our princple-based culture
- Partner with mill leadership team, external and internal customers, and others to identify and address performance and knowledge gaps
- Manage individual performance and hold individuals accountable for their results through vision setting, one-on-one conversations, and performance feedback
- Effectively manage daily truck and rail load planning
- Utilize strong communication (written and verbal) as well as organizational, planning, scheduling, and execution skills
- Plan, assign, and direct work for all hourly employees; appraise performance and provide feedback
- Provide weekly work schedule to team members
- Be available for on-call needs, including after hours, weekends and holidays as necessary
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience (with direct reports) in an industrial, warehouse, manufacturing/production or military environment
- Experience and knowledge of inventory control processes
- Experience with logistics or scheduling/receiving deliveries in a warehouse, manufacturing/production, or military environment
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Teams)
What Will Put You Ahead
Associate degree or higher
- Experience with AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) Warehouse
- Two (2) or more years of experience in logistics, shipping, drop yard or warehouse management experience
- Experience in shipping software programs
- Knowledge of drop yard and rail operations
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf