Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
Our Fiberguide facility in Caldwell, ID is currently seeking qualified individuals for our Customer Service Representative position. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for building, re-enforcing and maintaining exemplary customer relationships as an integral member of Molex Sales Team. The CSR is responsible for responding to customer inquiries expediently and developing and solidifying the business relationship with key customers.
Fiberguide, a Molex company, is a dynamic and growing company who specializes in customized multimode fiber optics and assemblies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Reinforce customer relationships via exceptional service with special emphasis on key accounts
- Respond to all customer inquiries, including but not limited to: quotations, ship date inquiries and RMA’s
- Provide administrative support as required by VP, Sales and Marketing & President
- Enter and process sales orders and revisions, RMA requests and CARs.
- Provide back-up for other sales team members as required
- Telephone and E-mail support (Caldwell Office)
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more experience in a sales, account management or customer service role
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years or more experience is a Sales, Account Management or Customer Service role
- ERP system experience – SAP, Oracle, IQMS,or like system
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf