At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Vehicle Solutions (CVS), a business unit of Molex LLC, develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around automotive in-vehicle networking, infotainment, and lighting segments.
At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
In this position you will be a part of our product development engineering team supporting an OEM (Ford Motor Company) at their site several days a week and then in our office when you are not at the client site. You will participate in Customer’s engineering activities; communicate with the Program Team and proactively respond to the Customer’s needs to create, package, and release Molex antenna products models and 2D drawings into customer PLM system (Teamcenter) and CAD software (CATIA and/or NX).
- Manage customer CAD data submission and release process. Submit CAD files of vehicle antenna systems products into and acquire CAD models from Ford PLM system (Teamcenter)
- Create and package CAD models of our product in vehicle environment and meet customer standards for CAD modeling and present to customer and internal team
- Create 3D models and 2D drawing using Catia and release into Ford Teamcenter
- “owners”; initiate and submit change requests on time
- Represent Customer’s interests and position on program issues
- Participate in Customer engineering meetings and internal team meetings associated with Customer projects and understand customer requirements related to CAD release and packaging
- Build wire/cable harnessing for antenna assemblies and other Molex products interconnecting with vehicle harnessing in customer platform and vehicle position
- Keep up with customer drawings’ standards and specifications and create customer drawings meet their standards
- Associated Degree in Design/Drafting is preferred,
- 1-3 years of experience using CAD Catia /NX, and Teamcenter
- Familiarity of harnessing design and Tier 1 product CAD integrating into Ford Teamcenter
- Understanding of complex automotive products assembly drawings, verbal design instructions, and GD&T
- Associate Degree in Design/Drafting is preferred,
- 5 years of experience with automotive Tier 1 suppliers in vehicle exterior components
- Experience with Ford Teamcenter and release process into their system
- Understanding of the impact of vehicle structures and interfaces on antenna packaging and fit on vehicle
- Experience in vehicles/antennas cables routing and harnessing
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf