This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC (KAS) is seeking a Technical Agronomist to join a dynamic team, focused on plant nutrition products in the row-crop agricultural and specialty crop market segments. There are two roles, one will directly support a team of sales representatives in the West/Pacific Northwest/North Plains region and one will support the team in the Cornbelt region of the US. The primary focus is to deliver technical product information and training to customers, consultants, farmers, and internal stakeholders. Secondary emphasis is to manage a regional portfolio of field trial projects within a third-party research program, to help the business evaluate existing products and new technologies.
These roles are remote, based in the West/Pacific Northwest/Northern Plains or Cornbelt regions of the U.S.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own the strategy of a regional agronomy program with input from sales, marketing and other related capabilities
- Educate KAS regional sales team and the sales & agronomy teams of our customers, to position KAS product offerings with a competitive agronomic advantage in the market
- Develop relationships with customer sales and agronomy personnel, farmer/managers, researchers, and independent consultants within the region, with emphasis on strategic collaboration with key accounts in high-value territories, managing top-level relationships, and aggressive growth
- Manage a regional portfolio of field research projects to help KAS Agronomy evaluate current and emerging products, with emphasis on highly collaborative research relationships, forward-focused technological innovation, advanced data analysis, and marketing claims development
- Engage with the Innovation and Research & Development Teams to provide strategic thought leadership in the agronomic sector to evaluating new business opportunities and aligning the agronomic research program to long-term business need
- Serve as an industry liaison and KAS media representative, becoming widely recognized as a thought leader and influencer at the regional and national level
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience managing customer relationships and presenting technical sales information
- Experience designing and conducting research trials
- Agronomic knowledge of the major cropping systems of the target region
- B.S. in Agronomy or closely related discipline
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in ag retail or ag distribution channels
- Agronomic knowledge of corn, soybeans, wheat, small grains, or canola
- Knowledge of soil fertility and plant nutrition products
- Professional Certification
- M.S. or Ph.D. in agronomy or closely related area
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $ 80,000- $ 110,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.