Engineering and Project Director - Houston, TX
This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Technology Solutions (KTS) is looking for a United States based Engineering and Project Director to join our team. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to help build out the Houston office. The position will be responsible for all aspects of project execution including engineering, technical services, operations training and commissioning of licensed plants. This team supports sales, develops our technologies and helps build our growing technology portfolio. This position will be responsible for assisting in the buildout of the US team. This role will ideally be based in Houston, TX, but location is open to discussion.
Koch Technology Solutions is a technology licensing business, a part of Koch Engineered Solutions. We create value for our customers across a growing portfolio of technologies including the polyester value chain, the refining industry and 1,4-Butanediol plus its derivatives. We can combine our exclusive technologies, expertise, and capabilities with those of other KES companies to provide overall solutions to optimize capital investments and existing manufacturing assets.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership to the US (KTS) Execution organization, which comprises of a mix of Process Engineers & Functional Engineers
- Collaborate with the UK and China execution leader/teams to ensure to maximize the comparative advantage of our teams across all business activities
- Allocate resources to multiple technologies based on comparative advantage and development needs
- Monitor the execution of multiple projects in multiple technologies, identifying and resolving issues early, and driving conflict resolution when required
- Advance overall team capabilities, build out an execution hub, and advance Koch’s Principle Based Management culture
- Identify capabilities required and hire contribution motivated talent who are additive to the execution team
- Influence innovation culture by applying diversity of ideas and challenging the status quo across all business processes
- Drive continuous improvement across organizations
- Have an entrepreneurial approach in creating long term customer value and remove constraints within projects and the organization
- Build strong relationships and networks, both internally and externally
The Experience You Will Bring
- Operations management experience in the manufacturing industry within chemicals, petrochemicals and/or refining
- Technical/Engineering experience managing risks within a project
- Experience building and leading a multi-disciplined engineering team in a large capital project environment
- Experience with project management tools such as schedule, cost control, and/or change control
- Process improvement experience improving a technology, simplifying project processes, and designing to capacity
- International and Domestic travel ~30%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience collaborating with international business teams
- Experience leading a process technology and/or taking an early-stage technology to commercial readiness
- EPC project management experience as the asset owner and/or owners representative on capital projects over $500MM
- International large capital project experience
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.