Georgia Pacific is now hiring a Plant Manager for our Lumber facility in Prosperity, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team and be a part of growth within the facility!
The Plant Manager will provide leadership to drive continuous improvement in safety, productivity, cost, customer experience, and site profitability. This is an exciting leadership opportunity for a dynamic leader who can motivate, lead, and develop a team to drive operational success.
Prosperity lies in southern Newberry County, approximately seven miles from Lake Murray. It provides restaurants, antique shops and specialty stores. Nearby on Lake Murray is Dreher Island State Recreation Area. For more information about the region, make sure to check out the Capital City and Lake Murray Country Visitor Center. Prosperity is within driving distance of Lexington, Newberry, Richland, and Saluda counties, as well as South Carolina's capital, Columbia!
Our Benefits Package Includes:
- Annual incentive bonus program
- Automatic 401K company contribution along with competitive match program
- Excellent Health benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
This role is eligible for relocation assistance for the successful candidate!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead overall operation of the facility, from receipt of raw materials to the shipment of finished lumber to market
- Responsible for supervising and supporting staff personnel, managing in a way that supports/enhances Principled Based Management, fosters teamwork and produces results.
- Drive company expectations for production scheduling, inventory control, operating rate, fiber recovery, and facility financial performance
- Ensure alignment to the business vision and drive a consistently high level of performance in the areas of managing workplace safety and environmental compliance
- Create a culture that drives ownership and focuses on eliminating waste
- Ensure the facility complies with all applicable company policies, and state, federal and local laws
- Maintain a productive working relationship with peers in the various support capabilities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Operational leadership experience leading manufacturing processes, including work processes, operations excellence, maintenance, reliability, safety and environmental, and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated track record in leading profitable change in an organization
- Experience and understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or Wood Science
- Progressive leadership experience in a wood products facility in one or more of the following positions: Plant Manager, Production Manager, Plant Superintendent, Reliability or Maintenance Manager, or in an equivalent leadership role
- Large capital project Engineering or Management experience
- Continuous Improvement project management experience
THIS ROLE IS NOT OPEN TO VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf