Flint Hills Resources is looking to hire a Mechanical/Plant Engineer at our Pine Bend refinery in Rosemount, MN. The Mechanical/Plant Engineer focus is strategic equipment management and holds responsibilities as a reliability engineer and project engineer. This role will work with many disciplines, primarily: Operations, Process, Project Management, Construction Services, and Reliability to drive reliability strategies to meet business objectives. This role is an excellent opportunity to increase leadership skills and collaboration while learning business management and reliability skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with a team that has diverse knowledge focused on optimizing cost, availability, and risk within KII Risk Profile and Stewardship Framework
- Support a business team in framing opportunities and driving innovation
- Prioritize asset improvement projects
- Develop and implement equipment strategies
- Set appropriate turnaround work scope for equipment while optimizing cost, availability, and risk
- Perform root cause failure analysis to understand equipment failures and update equipment strategies as appropriate
- Assist in complex critical equipment troubleshooting and aligning on scope of repair
- Lead change through MOC process ensuring process safety objectives are met
- Analyze maintenance and capital spending against investment strategies and benchmarks
- Act as project manager on select reliability and business improvement projects
- Some overtime may be required, which might include nights, weekends and holidays during turnarounds and outages
- Able to climb structures and inspect equipment both at high elevations and in confined spaces
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Three (3) years or more of industrial experience in refining, energy, and/or chemical sectors
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment reliability engineering with ability to troubleshoot and diagnose
Experience framing opportunities and advancing initiatives
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years or more industrial experience in refining, energy, and/or chemical sectors
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
Experience with construction management, field execution, and craft coordination
Experience in project development, economic thinking, and marginal analysis
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf