Director of Investments, 1888 Management
1888 Management, LLC is seeking an Investment Director to focus on vetting and developing strategies for client direct investments. The Investment Director will be responsible for due diligence, deal execution, deal monitoring and other responsibilities outlined below.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Analysis of markets, vetting direct investments, and developing an investment thesis/strategy for direct investments. Ongoing monitoring of existing direct investments and developing and maintaining investment sourcing networks. Evaluating economic and noneconomic returns from investments and providing alternatives
- Understand the investment strategy of 1888 Management client allocation as it relates to overall investment portfolio, assist with investment cash flow and liquidity planning
- Due Diligence: Create financial and return models by synthesizing business, industry, and market data into assumptions to identify return drivers, return scenarios and key risks
- Deal Execution: Present investment opportunities in a clear, simple, articulate manner, highlighting key opportunities and risks through the pre-qual and Decision Making Framework processes
- Deal Monitoring: Maintain investment theses on current holdings and monitor specific events or issues that may alter those theses
- Portfolio Construction/Asset Allocation: Contribute to the development of client asset allocation and portfolio construction decisions
- Knowledge Build: Build capability in relevant market sectors (Music, Entertainment, Media, healthcare, technology, and VC investing) for 1888 Management client investments through research, conference attendance, and evaluation of managers
- Deal Sourcing: Contribute to the sourcing of investment ideas and opportunities by developing investment theses and the necessary networks in areas of focused interest
- Operations: Interact with service providers such as Operational Due Diligence, Risk Management, Legal, and Tax as necessary and collaborate in a team-oriented manner
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous work experience developing direct investment strategies
- Experience creating financial and return models by analyzing market data
- Experience evaluating economic and noneconomic returns from investments and providing alternatives
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of work experience developing direct investment strategies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, economics or related field
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf