Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose, and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Georgia Pacific is currently seeking a Sales Representative for our Corrugated Packaging business to support the Columbus, Ohio market and surrounding areas. In this role you will start with a competitive salary plus semi-annual bonus and transition to a full commissioned salary. The position will work collaboratively with our commercial and operations teams to utilize innovation in developing a sales pipeline and customer base. This position will report to the Area Sales Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain and strengthen customer relationships through professional sales calls and follow ups
- Develop new business - determine potential opportunities from cold calls, networking, marketing leads, and other sources
- Continue to develop contacts at all levels within assigned accounts and prospects. This could be at a local, regional, or national level
- Liaising between assigned accounts and GP customer service, quality, production, accounting, and shipping departments
- Creating value as measured by revenue growth in both new and in existing accounts
- Selling a value-added portfolio of products employing a consultative, problem-solving approach
- Working independently against a variety of objectives using time management skills to meet and exceed internal/external customer expectations
- Viewing problems, issues and needs from a customer's perspective; incorporating creative problem-solving techniques to identify appropriate solutions
- Maintain a CRM sales pipeline tool (Microsoft Dynamics), monthly forecasts, account profiles, competitive profiles, account strategies, pricing information, etc.
- Travel to customer locations regularly for sales, account maintenance, inventory, new projects, and special initiatives
- Travel to GP's manufacturing plants as necessary to grow sales & corrugated knowledge
- Work with cross-functional teams to define key account strategies, including needs assessment, product development and innovation, operational excellence, and internal asset strategy
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 years of selling experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) PowerPoint (presentation prep and delivery), and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- Able and willing to travel 50% (including potential overnights)
- Valid US Driver’s License and good driving record
- Current resident or willing and able to relocate within sales territory
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Corrugated and/or packaging sales experience
With 38 facilities across more than 20 states, Georgia-Pacific Corrugated is a recognized leader in innovative, customer-focused packaging solutions. The company maintains a commitment to safety, sustainability, and consistent quality in its manufacture of high graphic and traditional corrugated packaging. The company’s Innovation Institute® simulates retail and packaging environments, allowing customers to experience sustainable innovation and novel package design solutions in action. For more information visit www.gpcorrugated.com and Georgia-Pacific: How Corrugated Boxes are Made
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf