Georgia-Pacific's Containerboard division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Quality Process Engineer opportunity supporting our Linerboard and Medium production within our Cedar Springs manufacturing operation located in Cedar Springs, GA. The individual in this role will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the Product Quality testing program with maintenance of the quality labs and equipment. This includes leading the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the Quality system.
This role reports to Transformation Manager, with frequent collaboration with the operations group. Partnership with the following stakeholders will enable the Quality Engineer to be successful in this role: Purchasing, Operations, Shipping, Receiving, Corporate Product Stewardship, Corporate Quality, Safety, Maintenance, Human Resources, and Operations Senior Leadership.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop the quality testing capabilities of our operations team - maintain the testing labs and equipment and integrity of the testing data including managing the Collaborative Testing Program and ensuring that the Autoline data matches the benchtop data
- Lead the development and implementation of the operator based physical testing program
- Organize and manage “trials” on the paper machines.
- Manage the retain sample and customer sample programs. Will include retrieving, packaging, documenting, and sending samples for customer requests.
- Train operators, certifying their ability to accurately test finished product and coach/mentor operators on physical testing
- Ensure required testing assessments are completed annually and qualify new operators
- Monitor operations testing activities and review testing data to maintain QA/QC data integrity and quality testing accountability
- Manage the control of measuring and test equipment system - ensure calibration of all testing equipment is completed, investigate the impact of out of tolerance equipment and address any instrument repair issues
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the Quality programs
- Address quality exceptions and quality holds - this may involve finding a home for off-quality paper or working to reduce off-quality on the machines themselves
- Complete Root Cause Analysis’ (RCAs) on unplanned quality events, ensuring corrective actions are implemented that address the root cause and mitigates future quality risks
- Lead and complete quality claims investigations
- Provide leadership with reports on key quality performance indicators
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in the identification, measurement and reporting of key process variables in each of the manufacturing operations
- Support Packaging and Cellulose Digital Core (PCDC) by becoming a superuser in the Quality portion of the project
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience working within a product system that applies quality programs
- Experience working within an operation that utilizes standard inspection and physical testing methods
- Experience leading an initiative within the operation and working through others to accomplish goals
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Three (3) or more years of experience working within an engineering, technical, or leadership role
- Experience applying technical training and development within a manufacturing operation
- Experience presenting technical information to a diverse audience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf