Sr Market Analyst
Support Asia and global methanol business strategy and tactics development by forming consolidated POVs on China/Asia methanol market supply & demand, trends and implications, production and consumption economics, dynamics and direction, for near, medium and long term. Real time tracking of market intelligence on industry development status (market size, major players, customers, suppliers, imports & exports, inventories, new investments, evolving regulation trends, and up and down stream derivatives changes, etc.). Provide simple and accurate insight to the commercial team to help transfer knowledge into opportunity to make money.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Commitment to all company Compliance Requirements and work with high integrity.
- Build up solid China and Asia Methanol deck (including up and down stream Derivatives) with solid data and insightful analysis, such as value chain, supply and Demand, price and cost curve, etc.
- Development of methanol production and consumption economic analysis.
- Provide Insightful analysis for Methanol price relationships such as CFR price, ex-tank prices, inland prices, Future price, and physical forward price etc.
- Monitoring and updating market dynamics to the team and providing insightful POVs to help build commercial tactics and actions.
- Tracking and updating China Macro-economy and industry policy such as Electricity consumption, FDI, cement consumption, GDP, PPI & CPI, Auto consumption and import and export changes, real estate price/investment change, purchasing managers index.
- Qualitative and quantitative market analysis to support specific business case development and evaluation.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into simple visuals, written text, and verbal communications, and present results/analyses that meet group reporting standards.
- Develop and maintain good and solid connections with key market partner/consultant companies to stay close to the market and be able to find business opportunities and unique market intelligence
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree or above in Chemical engineering, statistics, finance, marketing or economics / business related field.
- Relevant experience in market research and analysis, preferably in the petro-chemical commodity industries and familiarity with the energy industry.
- Strong analytical skills and good at explaining business implications beyond facts and numbers.
- Ability to implement market study projects and articulate the implication to business strategies.
- Ability to work with external and internal parties effectively to collect information and exchange market perspective.
- Comfortable working in a team environment under pressure for performance delivery.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Data management, analysis and modeling skills (e.g., regression analysis, linear programming).
- Business sense and entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience or knowledge in China Futures markets is a big Plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and other business analysis tools including Alteryx and Tableau.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Available and comfortable with attending global phone/online meetings at nighttime.
- Willingness to travel, occasionally for extended periods.