Senior Application Product Owner
Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Senior Application Product Owner to join our Information Technology / Operations Technology (IT/OT) capability. The IT/OT team specializes in support of applications and infrastructure critical to operation of the plant manufacturing process.
The Application Product Owner role creates value for the business by ensuring critical applications are reliably maintained and fit to purpose in support of the business work process. This role “owns” a portfolio of applications and customer relationships but works as part of a larger team with similar responsibilities as a means of ensuring delivery of a sustainable service. This Product Owner will be tightly coupled with IT/OT capabilities specializing in infrastructure and cyber security support. The ability to grasp the underlying systems and technologies as well as apply novel IT solutions will be key to delivering on the responsibilities of this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- “Owning” responsibility for on-going maintenance and reliability of specific applications. Includes serving as technical Subject Matter Experts, managing lifecycle road map and upgrades, documenting support, work processes and inventory management, and ensuring the application is meeting functional objectives of the business.
- Driving customer engagement and building customer relationships to ensure our services are meeting business demands and anticipated growth.
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to enable monitoring and alerting around our computing systems and integrations.
- Administering complex IT platforms in a multilayer network environment.
- Partnering with plant operations and transformation teams in execution of projects. These may involve new or existing technology, will require working with plant teams to understand functional requirements of the system, and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Responding to incidents and unplanned events while participating in an after-hours on-call rotation (approx. 2 weeks per quarter).
- Supporting base IT functions as needed: executing pre and post steps for patching, escalating issues with 3rd party vendors, troubleshooting issues directly with our customers in both team and individual settings.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in application management; Lifecycle, roadmap, supplier relationship management
- Experience managing software projects (status meetings, gathering and working through requirements, focusing on agile and iterative deliverables)
- Experience with customer and 3rd party facing interactions (backlog management, customer engagement activities, representing long and short-term gaps in discussions with 3rd parties).
- Experience in the deployment and on-going management of software applications in both enterprise and edge environments.
- Familiarity with the overall IT technology stack (Ex. Networks, Firewalls, Active Directory, Windows and Linux OS administrative tasks).
- Occasional travel (up to 15%)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Prior experience with application integrations
- Prior experience with data modeling
- Prior experience working in and supporting manufacturing environments/real-time systems
- Familiarity with scripting technologies (PowerShell, Python, Bash).
- Prior experience with manufacturing process monitoring and control systems (e.g Bently’s System 1, AspenTech’s APC, OSIsoft’s PI, Power monitoring solutions, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf