Project Controls Engineer
Optimized Process Solutions (OPD), a Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) company, is now hiring for a Cost Analyst to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-capability and collaborative company with a long history of successful project development and execution. OPD is focused on providing fit-for-purpose solutions to customers globally. This role will be instrumental in positioning OPD for continued success and growth focused on energy and adjacent markets where its comparative advantage can be leveraged.
As the general contractor on some of the largest natural gas and gas liquids processing facilities recently built in the U.S., we’re making big things happen at Optimized Process Designs. And you can, too. We’re looking for the right people to help us get the job done – the right way, every time. Because the health and safety of employees, customers, contractors and the public are always our number one priority.
As part of Koch Engineered Solutions, we’re fully prepared to undertake large-scale, global projects, and we’re seeking the people to get us there. Explore some of our career fields and open roles to find your fit.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support OPD project reporting in all aspects, including data assembly & validation for projects ranging in size from $100,000 to over $2 billion total-installed-cost
- Ensure consistent project reporting
- Analyze cost data and work with project teams to forecast final cost per project by cost breakdown structure
- Identify trends that impact final cost projections
- Review and organize project costs (e.g., labor, per diem, travel, equipment, and materials) into cost systems and spreadsheets
- Monitor purchase order commitments, manage change orders, and adjust forecasts to reflect change orders
- Report actual vs. baseline cost status, prepare final cost report to internal and external Clients, submit final costs for invoicing
- Create & maintain time-phased invoicing plans, aligned to project estimates & budgets
- Work with planners & schedulers to translate P6 and Microsoft Project resources into OPD proprietary progress and cost databases and spreadsheets
- Learn and then assist OPD Project Team members in progress database features, including planning & forecasting modules
- Prepare graphic representation of data such as progress curves, earned value, etc.
- Work with project team to validate that all essential quantity data is being captured
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including ability to make custom graphs, trend lines, and pivot tables
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high change environment, juggling multiple projects at a time and working with several internal Clients
- Interpersonal skills necessary to handle sensitive and confidential issues
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of cost tracking, cost control, EVMS, or project controls experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business Management, Accounting, Finance, or Engineering
- Well-versed in cost control principals and techniques
- Advanced Excel Capabilities, including VLOOKUP, and Conditional Formatting
- Experience in EPC petrochemical, industrial/process, or oil & gas projects
- Experience across a range of project controls functions, including cost management, progress measurement, change management, planning, scheduling, and trend identification
- Able to build and maintain strong customer relationships, both internally and externally
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf