INVISTA is the world's largest integrated producer and marketer of premium fibers, resins and intermediates you see in products such as apparel, carpet, bedding, airbags, seatbelts, luggage, diapers, and soft drink packaging. Our powerful portfolio of recognizable consumer brands includes LYCRA®, STAINMASTER® and COOLMAX® just to name a few. With employees located across six continents, we are committed to our customers' growth through market insights and technology innovations. You can learn more about INVISTA by visiting www.INVISTA.com.
INVISTA is currently seeking Ph.D. level Chemical Engineer to join our team at our Orange, TX facility to work as part of the research and development team for Nylon intermediates.
This role is eligible for Relocation assistance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Teaming with product/process development scientists, engineers, and analytical team members to support research programs.
- Training technicians on the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain and sustain highly accurate repeatable results.
- Identifying new programs and experiments that provide value to INVISTA.
- Design experiments to gain the necessary knowledge to scale from laboratory to plant scale.
- Assuring accurate interpretation of data by auditing results and providing routine feedback and training to technicians.
- Providing guidance and oversight on the safe operation of lab facilities from a chemical interaction, reactivity, handling, and hygiene perspective.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ph.D., in Chemical Engineering
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strong background in fundamental chemical engineering principles with specialization in homogeneous/heterogeneous catalysis and/or reaction engineering and/or reaction kinetics and/or separation processes such as distillation, extraction, etc.
- Prior experience in semi-works or pilot plant operation and design of test units and test conditions is desired
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze and interpret pilot plant data
- Prior experience in catalyst characterization and preparation techniques such as BET surface area, mechanical properties, surface properties, etc., is desired
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication and organizational skills, and the ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Pilot plant operations involve the handling of significant quantities of highly toxic and flammable materials. The candidate must therefore have a strong focus on process safety.
- Experience in process modeling using ASPEN is a plus.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall well-being so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, and educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave, and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy, or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value, and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf