Senior Process Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: KTS, Wilton, Redcar, Teesside, UK
Koch Technology Solutions (KTS), is a world leading licensor of technology for the Polyester, Nylon and Polyurethane value chains and expanding into other technology sectors. KTS has over 40 years of licensing experience and deploys a global team of technical experts to design, commission, and support license plants. We are seeking to recruit 1 Senior Process Engineer to join our team.
Candidates should have experience working on process engineering design packages. Experience in any of the technologies that KTS currently Licenses is not essential. What is critical is that candidates have a passion for, and demonstrated ability in, applying chemical engineering principles to solve design problems.
The successful applicant will help KTS create long-term value for customers and society, pursue continuous innovation and expand the business into new areas. As a member of the team you would be part of Koch Industries Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in the world with a presence in 70+ countries and employing around 120,000 people, and have the opportunity to develop your career within an organisation which places a strong emphasis on personal development and learning.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be part of the multi-disciplinary team developing engineering design packages for fast-paced license projects.
- Be responsible for process deliverables eg PFDs, P&IDs, equipment datasheets, instrument/valve schedules, pressure relief datasheets, to meet license project requirements.
- Develop capability in a range of process safety areas including PHA, QRA, Consequence Analysis, Human Factors, Safety Instrumented Systems and Pressure Relief.
- Collaborate with clients, detailed engineering contactors and vendors, as well as colleagues in other engineering disciplines, operations and the wider Koch businesses.
- Identify and implement process technology improvements in existing technologies and support the development of new technologies as they are integrated into KTS.
- Take technical ownership of process areas, participating in safety reviews such as HAZOP and supporting clients through design review of vendor proposals.
- Provide technical support for plant commissioning and troubleshooting ensuring we meet our commitments to customers and our performance guarantees.
- Play an active role in transforming the business, striving to find new ways to create the greatest value.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A personal commitment to Safety, Health and the Environment.
- A Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- A track record of creating value for the business by doing so for your customers.
- Experience of working on process engineering design packages.
- Proven expertise using process simulation software, such as HTRI, PEL and Aspen Plus (or equivalent).
- An interest in developing and applying capability in Process Safety
- A commitment to being a lifelong learner, to transforming yourself and the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work within teams, respecting others and valuing diversity.
- Ambition to develop technical and leadership skills as part of a global business.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience of HAZID/HAZOP and LOPA Studies and methodology.
- Willingness to travel and to work overseas.
KTS supports flexible working arrangements, such as part-time working from home. Our busy office is located at the Wilton Centre on Teesside – at the northern edge of the North Yorkshire Moors and provides easy access to other areas of outstanding natural beauty including the Peak and Lake Districts. It has good transportation links and diverse places to live with easy access to shopping and other amenities.
This job posting is no longer active.