Software Engineer (REMOTE)
Flint Hills Resources (FHR)is looking for a Software Engineer to join our IT/OT capability. FHR’s IT/OT capability is a key driver in our vision to integrate our manufacturing capability with next generation technologies both at the edge and in our cloud environments.
As a Software Engineer you will create value for FHR by applying modern software development practices in support of our critical manufacturing systems. Some of our current focus areas include telemetry, monitoring, closed loop data integrations, machine learning, and just-in-time data integrations to accelerate FHR’s manufacturing vision. A focus on operating excellence, scalable solutions, and end-to-end integration with plant work processes are key to our success in this capability.
This role will have the opportunity to build very close relationships with a focused group of key plant teams, understand plant operational and work processes in depth, understand plant business objectives, and participate in the engineering of technology solutions to address those objectives. In support of these efforts you will work with the extended IT/OT teams responsible for management of IT Infrastructure and Cyber Security in order to inform development of architectural standards, monitoring capabilities, and security standards.
This role is open to being worked remotely from the Midwest and Southeast regions of the United States.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Developing software solutions to address gaps in our existing work processes (integrations, monitoring, user enablement) with modern toolsets and technologies
- Secure, scalable, and reliable integrations between our edge environments and emerging cloud technologies
- Partnering with plant operations and transformation teams in execution of projects. These may involve new or existing technology, will require working with plant teams to understand functional requirements of the system, and evaluation of alternative solutions
- Provide expert level software engineering execution in broad sphere of technologies spanning our edge to cloud footprint
- Assist with technical design, architecture, and execution of solutions, leveraging best knowledge across multiple IT disciplines
- Responding to incidents and unplanned events while participating in an after-hours on-call rotation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Software Engineering experience and proven competency working with software engineering technologies
- Experience with Cloud Technology
- Experience with on-premises software deployments on Windows and Linux based hosts (Services/Daemons and/or containerization tools)
- Experience with protected network systems (firewalls, TCP fundamentals)
- Experience with design and architecture of custom-built applications.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving ability.
- Travel to our plants (15%) to collaborate with our customers on solutions integrations into work processes
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Node.JS or C# and Ci/CD scripting (e.g. Powershell)
- Prior experience working in and supporting manufacturing environments/real-time systems
- Prior experience with OSIsoft’s PI Historian software and development of application interfaces to enable the transfer of data
- Experience contributing to IT/Software initiatives and projects (leading status meetings, gathering and working through requirements, focusing on agile and iterative deliverables)
- Experience designing and implementing systems, integrations, and applications in AWS
- Experience with industrial protocols such as OPC UA, MQTT, Modbus, HART, DNP3 and EtherNet/IP
- Experience with Docker containerization and deployment
- Experience with the development of real-time systems and solutions at the edge and strategies to support rapid deployment and a scalable support model
- Experience with automation of alerting and response (reusable design in edge deployments, guaranteed deliverability, strategies to handle false signals) and tools like Paesser’s PRTG or LogRhythm
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle – CI/CD, GIT
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf