Fixed Equipment Engineer
Flint Hills Resources is looking to hire a Fixed Equipment Engineer at our Pine Bend refinery in Rosemount, MN. As a Fixed Equipment Engineer, you will be a technical resource who ensures that mechanical integrity decisions are aligned with EH&S philosophy, FHR risk profile and PBM values/beliefs.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company:
- We are part of the 2nd largest privately held company in the world – which means you’ll have tremendous opportunity for career growth.
- We offer flexible work arrangements and a “9/80” work schedule
- Our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create – which means your direct compensation is not capped in anyway by some formula, role title, or certifications.
Come realize your full potential and join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Fixed Equipment Engineer representative supporting FHR Pine Bend site
- Fixed Reliability Technical Group (FRTG) representative on the cross-functional Anomaly Resolution team
- Ownership and oversight of at least one Mechanical Integrity special emphasis program
- Support troubleshooting and diagnostics of equipment technical issues
- Support root cause failure analysis (RCFA) process and recommendation development
- Be a team member in FRTG, which includes inspectors and engineers
- Provide technical support across several teams (Business Teams, Maintenance, Operations, Turnaround, etc.)
- Support mentorship and development of early-career engineers
- Use best available technology and apply FHR risk profile to support life cycle decisions
- Lead experimentation with new technologies and capabilities
- Available for turnaround support when required (might include nights, weekends, and holidays)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
What Will Put You Ahead
- Work experience in a refinery or chemical plant
- Working knowledge of fixed equipment asset types, such as: pressure vessels, heat exchangers, fired heaters, piping (including valves, expansion joints, PSVs, pipe supports, specialty equipment)
- Working knowledge of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and API standards related to the refining industry such as: ASME B31 piping codes (especially B31.3 and B31.1), PCC-1, and Sec IX; API 570, 571, 579
- Knowledge of corrosion, damage mechanisms, and inspection requirements
- Experience with tank design and repairs
- Experience with the design and evaluation of piping and bolted joint connections
- Experience with computer-based analytics (fitness for service; pipe stress; etc.)
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf