This job posting is no longer active.
The Boiler Burner Process Engineering role within the Process and Technology team is a stakeholder of the technical solutions offered / supplied to our customers. The individual is expected to work closely with the commercial and project execution teams to ensure equipment performance requirements are achieved. The role requires an individual who is willing to think creatively and offer solutions to our clients that meets the client’s needs / expectations while remaining competitive. Ideally, the person in this role will understand the needs of our customers based on previous experience and be able to leverage that experience to provide meaningful guidance and insight for our customers and our company. This role is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide engineered solutions for Boiler Burner systems to commercial teams by performing detailed design calculations for proposals. It is expected for commercial and process teams to work closely together in determining a solution that balances performance risk and competitiveness while satisfying the customer requirements.
- Support project execution team by performing detailed design calculations for orders including equipment definition, performance predictions, control methodology, and contributing to the development of design standards and operating manuals.
- Participate as a member of the global Burner Technology team. Training and support are available through the team and knowledge sharing is expected to continuously improve our technical capabilities.
- Proactively investigate and resolve technical issues or warranty claims involving process design.
- Participate in process and mechanical standardization efforts. Adapt to new technology and drive transformation of legacy products and services.
- Participate in technology development projects when such projects are assigned. Identify needs of our customers and champion solution-based efforts.
- Provide training to applications engineers, project engineers, and project managers as well as service technicians.
- Travel up to 25% of time to operating facilities for sales meetings, hazardous operations reviews, equipment startup, and consultation / troubleshooting.
- Develop professional relationships with combustion SMEs (Subject Matter Expert) from industry professionals and customers. Site visits as well as attendance of approved seminars and other forums assist with this development.
- Learn about the company’s culture (Principle Based Management) and continuously improve its application in daily work.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, petrochemical engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in applications, design, operation, and/or development in industrial equipment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Boiler Burner applications, design, operation, and/or development experience.
- Experience in the refining or petrochemical industries.
- Roles supporting fired combustion equipment, combustion control, or related areas.
- Process engineering role within refinery and chemical plant operations with fired equipment experience.
- Master’s degree in engineering.
- Proven history of entrepreneurial activity. Experience leading innovative business models or product development efforts.
- Experience in technical report writing and PC programming skills with Excel VBA, and capable of quickly learning new software systems.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.