Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified candidates to join our team as a Production Worker. Georgia-Pacific’s Fort Smith, AR facility uses state of the art technology to manufacture Dixie® plates in a progressive production environment. Dixie® is a brand of choice and is widely used in homes and businesses across the country. For more information on who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.dixie.com.
This position starts at $16.82/hour and works 12/hr rotating (days/nights) schedule.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Packing and stacking paper plates
- Operating mobile equipment to supply packing lines
- Gaining knowledge in pressware, print, and /or shipping to assist in multiple areas and to aid in advancing career path
- Performing quality checks and keeping work area clean before, during and after shift
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Work twelve (12) hour shifts to include daytime, evening, weekend, holiday, and overtime hours
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience in a manufacturing environment to include forklift responsibilities, OR, a minimum of six (6) months of experience operating/troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Use a computer, to include but not limited to: composing and sending emails and completing computer-based training
What Will Put You Ahead
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Maintenance, Engineering Technology, Computer Technology, Manufacturing or Production
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf