Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
Pay Rate $29.73-$42.03/hr based on skills and experience.
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician for our Corrugated Packaging facility in Kansas City,MO.Maintenance Technicians will be expected to have and refine their skills in Industrial Electrical & Mechanical Crafts. Maintenance Technicians support the facility’s vision of safety, uptime, efficiency, and profitability as part of the Maintenance Reliability Team by performing scheduled routine maintenance or unscheduled repairs.
Opportunity to earn $29.73-$42.03/hr based on skills and experience.
Our current openings are on 5PM – 5AM shift on a rotating 3-2-2-3 schedule (after 30-90 day training period).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supporting our safe working environment by adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Troubleshooting and repairing industrial corrugated box making machinery.
- Troubleshoot electrical motors, frequency drives, PLCs, proximity sensors, limit switches and relays.
- Troubleshooting industrial electrical issues (12vdc to 480vac).
- Performing routine scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Responding to unscheduled floor calls by troubleshooting and repairing with a sense of urgency.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Use hand tools, power tools, precision-measuring devices, and testing instruments.
- Willing and able to work any shift, holiday, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Provide your own basic hand tools and rolling toolbox.
- Have a self-starting and disciplined work ethic
- Problem solving with team members.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and technical drawings.
- Advanced industrial electrical knowledge in motor and frequency drive troubleshooting.
- Experience in troubleshooting and programming PLCs (Siemens, Allen Bradley).
- Experience troubleshooting industrial electrical issues (12vdc to 480vac).
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic issues.
- Corrugated industrial maintenance experience or military service.
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance degrees or program completion certificates.
- Automation and robotics system knowledge (Fanuc, Kawasaki).
- Advanced knowledge in understanding electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics.
- Mechanical maintenance experience with conveyor systems, actuated valves, and welding.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Programs.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf