Market Analyst, Natural Gas
Koch Energy Services, LLC is seeking a Natural Gas Market Analyst to join our team! Position can be based in Houston or Wichita. The successful candidate will be a contribution motivated team player, self-starter and principled entrepreneur with strong communication and critical-thinking skills, a growth mindset, and the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
People empowered by principles. https://www.kochind.com/about/business-philosophy
The success of Koch is rooted in the application of proven principles of human progress. The better we’ve understood and applied these principles, such as mutual benefit, comparative advantage and creative destruction, the more we’ve grown by helping others succeed. Principle Based Management™ is the business philosophy we apply to innovate, improve and transform ourselves and our businesses to create greater value. Our future success depends on continuing to improve our ability to do so.
Our Benefits Package includes:
- 401K automatic contribution along with competitive match
- Medical, Dental and Vision health plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks’ vacation, plus holidays, plus sick days
- Career growth opportunities across Koch Companies!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with the commercial team to build fundamental analysis, develop point-of-views and recommend transactable commercial strategies
- Develop supply & demand frameworks
- Partner with the commercial team to develop specific trading tools
- Build mental models and frameworks to help the team understand key pricing mechanisms
- Perform ad hoc analysis under short deadlines to assist the team with analyzing and capitalizing on rapid changes in the market
- Recommend value creation opportunities and risk mitigation strategies
- Be curious and inquisitive, willing to take risks, and challenge the status quo
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel (Edit/Create VBA) and Databases
- Experience with programing (basic concepts including: sequence of commands, conditional structure, looping structures)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, Statistics, Engineering or related field
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with energy/commodity market
- Experience with modeling and/or econometrics
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, SQL, and/or Python programming
- Master’s Degree
Position is not eligible for sponsorship
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf