Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician in Waxahachie, TX.
Our ideal Technician is a self-motivated, skilled hourly professional with a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and a solid foundation in the skills needed to properly maintain manufacturing equipment. Our Multi-Craft Technicians work in a hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy environment. Technicians work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime when needed and maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity, and we are interested in learning more about you!
The starting salary is $30/hour and up depending on skills and experience. This position will work 12-hour shifts, on night shift – 7pm-7am, 2-week schedule rotation with 3 days off every other weekend!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machine tools and equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Applying simple problem-solving methods such as 5Y to reduce and eliminate failures
- Learning and practicing Electrical and Instrumentation skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years maintenance technician experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- 6+ months experience utilizing a computer in a work environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2-year associates degree in electrical and/or mechanical technology
- Five (5) or more years of mechanical millwright experience
- Prior maintenance experience in the packaging industry with focus on converting/corrugating equipment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, etc.
- Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, lubrication
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com