Electro-Mechanical Technician - Wallboard
Are you looking to make a change in your career? If so, Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a self-motivated and knowledgeable Electro-Mechanical Technician at our North Las Vegas, NV Gypsum facility. This position focuses on electrical troubleshooting 40% of the time and works with mechanical systems 60% of the time.
Electro-Mechanical Technicians are required to have a thorough understanding of safe work practices and troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This is a non-climate-controlled environment, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer and cold in the winter.
This position will work an 8-10 hour day shift including overtime, weekends, and holidays while also providing personal standard hand tools. This position starts at $34 per hour and may go up based on level of experience. This role is also eligible for a $5000 sign on bonus.
This plant is located at 11401 Hwy 91, North Las Vegas, NV 89030
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting and repairing electric/electronic equipment, hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems while also climbing ladders and completing tasks at heights
- Installing, maintaining, and tuning of electrical and instrumentation systems including Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's)
- Participating in a Preventative Maintenance (PM) program
- Collaborating with operations to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Recording work results and parts usage in computerized maintenance management system
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in Industrial Maintenance Technology OR Two (2) or more years of electrical/mechanical experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience with preventive and predictive maintenance routines and practices
- Experience reading technical diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Experience with single and 3-phase electrical repair/troubleshooting up to 480 volts
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience utilizing a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with welding and fabrication
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC's, A/C and D/C motors, motor controllers and drives
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings, and pumps & lubrication technique
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and NFPA 70E standards
- Experience operating a motorized forklift and/or clamp truck, boom lift and scissor lift
- Five (5) or more years of experience as an Industrial Electrician and/or Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf