VAT Coordinator - Subject Matter Expert
Who is Koch Industries?
Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America, with annual revenue of more than $100 billion. Established nearly 80 years ago, has grown from crude oil gathering and refining to multinational company employing about 120.000 employees worldwide. Growth of the company is a result of owner’s commitment to reinvest 90% of company earnings.
Currently Koch Companies include Flint Hill Resources (oil refining), Georgia-Pacific (paper products), Invista (polymers and fibers), Molex (connectors), Guardian Industries (glass products) and many others. Unique element of all Koch Companies is common management philosophy called Principle Based Management, deriving its’ principles from concepts of free markets and societies.
What is Leveraged Capability Team in Katowice?
Leveraged Capability is part of Koch Business Solutions, a company providing services for multiple Koch group entities across Europe. Scope of LC services is focusing on financial compliance work and is going far beyond typical accounting processes, as those are delivered by other departments.
What You Will Do In Your Role
You will be a key team member responsible for:
- Coordination of VAT, ESL, and Intrastat reporting for up to twenty VAT registrations across Europe and becoming a VAT Subject Matter Expert who supports other team members in preparation of above-mentioned reporting for INVISTA group
- Preparation of VAT, ESL and Intrastat returns for UK VAT registrations of two largest manufacturing companies in Europe
- Working closely with internal indirect tax team, supply chain and IT departments in design, implementation, and testing of new VAT reporting enhancements in SAP and OneSource Tax Determination tool
- Proposing improvements in current VAT reporting process
- Sharing knowledge on reporting more complex VAT transactions with other team members
- Preparation of monthly VAT balance sheet accounts reconciliation for UK entity
- Supporting internal tax department in dealing with tax authorities during external tax audits
The Experience You Will Bring
- Accounting/finance educational background
- Previous involvement in process of preparation of VAT, ESL and Intrastat returns
- General knowledge about reporting of intra-EU and import/export transactions in line with EU VAT Directive
- Ability to interpret VAT regulations to propose proper VAT reporting/consult more complex transactions with internal indirect tax team
- Eagerness to further develop knowledge in VAT compliance and looking for improvements in VAT reporting process
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of Excel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in SAP and Cube/BI reporting will be appreciated
- Open-minded attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
- Previous experience in non-standard finance projects with proven results
- Strong written and oral communication abilities – working with teams across the whole group
What Do We Have To Offer?
- Hybrid model of work – 1 day a week in the office in Katowice
- Flexible working time
- Private medical health care
- Life insurance
- Sport card
- Fruits and snacks at the office
- Employee educational assistance plan
- Internal and external training
- Team building events
- Work in Principle Based Management environment, where we promote honesty and respect, we prefer self-reliant employees with initiative over micromanagement, we openly share the knowledge and expect employees to be eager to learn.