This job posting is no longer active.
As a world-class manufacturer of innovative process equipment for water treatment and chemicals purification and recovery, Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company is a trusted source for systems incorporating advanced proprietary ion exchange and other innovative separations technologies for liquids and gases. Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company is delivering value to its customers by reducing environmental footprint, stabilizing product quality, increasing productivity, and reducing operational costs.
Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company is looking for a Mechanical Designer in our Pickering, ON location. In this role, you will for the high quality product design/drawings to internal and external customers on time and within budget. You will draft/design pressure vessels, piping and structural components, and make modifications to existing designs using standard drafting practices and techniques, i.e. Inventor/SolidWorks /CREO/ and AutoCAD
What You Will Do In Your Role
Design and Prepare drawings of systems and equipment for fabrication as per the Sales order requirements and in accordance with applicable client specifications, recognized codes, standards, and recommended practices, and Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company procedures and standards. These drawings include development of layouts, P&ID, assemblies, piping drawings, skid frame and supports drawings, pneumatics, part descriptions and Bills of materials.
Draft system designs for components such as:
- pressure vessels (beds, filters, reservoirs, etc.),
- pumps, blowers, compressors, mixers, etc.,
- heat exchangers, condensers, evaporators, etc.,
- valves (isolation, flow regulation, safety and relief etc.),
- instrument and measurement and control devices
- SolidWorks/ Inventor/ CREO
- Prepare additional project documentation as per the Sales order requirements and in accordance with applicable Client specifications, recognized Codes, Standards, Recommended Practices, and Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company procedures and standards.
- Ensure excellent accuracy of all design work generated.
- Utilize knowledge of drafting practices, mathematics, materials, manufacturing technology.
- Plan and schedule activities, evaluate best value alternatives, strictly adhere to approved schedule and to budget.
- Provide extensive support to the Systems engineering group, Materials and Planning group to facilitate procurement of parts and to the Manufacturing group to facilitate the fabrication process.
- Perform modifications and as-built changes to current project designs as well as to standard drawings and documents.
- Assist in bid specifications from customers and technical preparations for tendering and proposals.
- Prepare installation specification for contactors, evaluate their offers, and ensure proper coordination of their activities with the project.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure a smooth workflow so that predetermined shipping dates are met, costing is accomplished and customer service problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development of new products as required and propose and suggest technical and procedural improvements.
- Visit suppliers and customer’s sites for inspections, evaluations, supervision etc.
- Act as a resource to all departments.
- Adhere to Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solution’s ISO 9001 Quality Procedures and prepare, maintain, and release all quality documentation accordingly.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the company’s Workplace H&S rules, policies and procedures at all times.
- Attend training programs necessary to maintain/upgrade skills.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Department
- Able to multi-task and possess a strong sense of urgency
The Experience You Will Bring
College Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of experience working in a manufacturing / design environment
- 3-D modeling experience ( Inventor/ Creo/ SolidWorks )
- 2-D Design with AutoCAD
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing procedures such as welding symbols, cutting/drilling dimensional tolerancing and assembly drawings
- Part generation, component assembly experience
- Ability to work overtime, when required
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using Inventor
- Piping /Cabling 3D routing experience
- Experience using Visibility ERP software
Eco-Tec is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.
This job posting is no longer active.