Electrical Maintenance Technician
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Our Georgia-Pacific facility in Augusta, GA is looking for a motivated, maintenance professional to join our team as an Electro-Mechanical Technician. In this position, you will utilize your knowledge and skills around electrical and mechanical maintenance while building a fulfilling career in the packaging industry. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you!
The pay rate for this position is $39 per hour and it is a 2-3-2 work schedule.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Following all good manufacturing practices (GMPs) guidelines for production of corrugated paper products
- Performing various reactive and preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment
- Uses experience to identify and implement improvements
- Performs basic troubleshooting for electrical problems with single phase and 3-phase motors, wiring, and controls
- Working with automation, production, and computer systems
- Basic understanding of high/low level voltage
- Researching parts in electrical/mechanical manuals and submitting order forms
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all electrical and mechanical equipment to ensure production continuity and efficiency
- Responding to operator, quality and/or supervisor requests on equipment specifications
- Assisting operators or crew members with machine start-up, shutdown or clean up
- Communicating daily work performed and machine conditions via written and verbal documentation
You need to be:
- Willing and able to provide your own personal hand tools
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two years or more of electrical and mechanical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining various types of power transmission components; belts, sheaves, roller chains, sprockets, bushings, gears and reducers
- Experience working with Allen Bradley/Siemens PLC and variable frequency drives
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using MP2 or other maintenance planning software
- Experience troubleshooting A/C and D/C motors
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Two (2) year degree from a technical college or school in the fields of Industrial Mechanics, Electronics, Engineering, and/or Electro-Mechanical
- Experience working in the packaging or corrugated industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf