Sheet Metal Technician
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion, a Koch Engineered Solutions company, has an immediate opportunity for a Sheet Metal Technician in Tulsa, OK. The successful candidate will bring a positive attitude and work alongside the department team to meet demands. We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity for an individual to be part of an operative team and gain experience with a well-established and growing manufacturing and test facility.
Contributions in this role will include understanding and meeting safety expectations, meeting quality and production expectations, and assisting in continuous improvement in housekeeping.
This role is 1st shift, Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. with overtime as needed
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating machines such as Lasers/Waterjet/Press Brakes/Small and Large Rolls
- Reading drawings and blueprints
- Utilizing CNC controls on machines
- Performing routine maintenance on machines
- Working with the Sheet Metal Programmers to ensure that parts are being cut correct to the drawings
- Running up to 2-3 machines at a time, and training on up to 2 others
- Being integral in the facilities safety & quality programs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Knowledge and experience of running large and small rolls, brake presses, lasers, etc.- Knowledge and experience of sheet metal operations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and details
- Ability to use basic inspection tools and gauges including calipers, micrometers and tape measures
- Ability to squat, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in rolling large and small cylinders
- Basic machine knowledge including preventive maintenance
- Sheet metal shop experience
This role is not open to visa sponsorship.
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf